Bruschetta Bar with Roasted Corn Hummus

Build Your Own Bruschetta BarA build-your-own Bruschetta Bar is a sure-fire way to add some “oo-la-la” to your holiday entertaining. With your choice of meats, cheeses and spreads, the possibilities are endless. I make only one requirement: this recipe for Roasted Corn Hummus.

I was inspired to make this recipe after a recent Kansas Corn Tour, where I spent three days in Wichita, ears deep in all things corn. The tour included a variety of stops – from Splitter Farm where I learned how corn is grown, to an ethanol plant where I saw it turned into animal feed and fuel, and even a grain elevator, where I got all up inside to see how it’s stored. The most interesting take away? Only 1% of all corn grown is sweet corn (aka, the kind we eat), the other 99% is used for animal feed and ethanol.

But today we’re talking the eating kind – specifically, for this Roasted Corn Hummus that will send your Bruschetta Bar to next-level status.

Build Your Own Bruschetta Bar
The beauty of this bruschetta bar is its customizability – so load it up with everything you love! Start with your favorite baguette, sliced and lightly toasted (I used a multigrain baguette from Trader Joe’s). Next, add some spreads: jams, soft cheeses and your Roasted Corn Hummus. Olives, pomegranate seeds and nuts add a nice touch of color and flavor. Lastly, add in a few meats like sopressata, salami or prosciutto. Let guests build their own bruschetta, and you can worry about other important party details, like the wine supply.

Roasted Corn Hummus

Roasted Corn Hummus

Ingredients

  • 1 can of chickpeas
  • 1/2 cup sweet yellow corn (I used Trader Joe's frozen, fire roasted corn)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Instructions

  1. Add chickpeas, corn, garlic and seasonings to your food processor. Blend until combined, then slowly add in olive oil with the processor running. Taste and season more if necessary. Top with additional corn if desired and a drizzle of olive oil.
http://www.outtoeat.co/2017/10/bruschetta-bar-with-roasted-corn-hummus/

What would you add to your Bruschetta Board? Give me your thoughts in the comments below!

This post is sponsored by Kansas Corn, but all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Out to Eat the best blog is can be!

2 thoughts on “Bruschetta Bar with Roasted Corn Hummus

  1. Megan Neher

    Sounds fun! Beautiful photo! I would maybe add… pears or apples? Or some goat cheese? 🙂
    Have you been to Postino in Phoenix? One of my favs when I lived there years ago and they have yummy bruschetta combos. Worth the trip!

    Reply
    1. Shanley Cox Post author

      All great ideas, Megan. I might have to try the pear next time! And I’ll definitely put Postino on my list next time I’m in Phoenix.

      Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *